- WHAT'S NEW AT BRT
- Who We Are
- Translation Of "BRT"
- Ministry Vision
- Our Founding Director
- For... Your Congregation
- For... Clergy
- For... Small Groups
- For... Funeral Directors
- Educational Themes
- TEACHING PAGES
- OUR PARSHIOT
- COMING UP
- NEWS UPDATES
- PHOTO GALLERY
- BRT JUDAICA
FORMER "THIS WEEK IN TORAH" REFLECTIONS (By Weekly Passage)
- Parsha 1: "Breisheet"-14j18
- Parsha 2: "Noach"-14j25
- Parsha 3: "Lech L'Cha"-14k01
- Parsha 4: "V'Yeira"-14k08
- Parsha 5: "Chayei Sarah"-14k15
- Parsha 6: "Toldot"-14k22
- Parsha 7: "V'Yeitzei"-14k29
- Parsha 8: "V'Yishlach"-14L06
- Parsha 9: "V'Yeishev"-14L13
- Parsha 10: "Mikeitz"-14L27
- Parsha 11: "V'Yigash"-14L27
- Parsha 12: "V'Yechi"-15a03
- Parsha 13: "Sh'mot"-15a03
- Parsha 14: "Va'Era"-15a17
- Parsha 15: "Bo"-15a24
- Parsha 16: "B'Shallach"-15a29
- Parsha 17: "Yitro"-15b07
- Parsha 18: "Mishpatim" - 15b14
- Parsha #19: "Trumah"-15b21
- Parsha 20: "Tetzaveh" - 15b28
- Parsha 21:"Ki Tisa" 15c07
- Parsha 22-23 "V'Yak'hel & P'Kudei-15c14
- Parsha 24:V'Yikra 15c21
- Parsha 25 "Tzav" 15c28
- Pasrsha 26 "Shemini" 15d18
- Parsha 27-28 "Tazria & Metzora" 15d25
- Parsha 29-30 "Acharei Mot & Kedoshim" 15e09
- Parsha 31:"Emor"-15e09
- Parsha 32 & 33: "B'Har & B'Chukotai" - 15e16
- Parsha 34: B'Midbar-15e23
- Parsha 35-Naso-15e30
- Parsha 36:"B'H'Alotkha"-15f06
- Parsha 37:"ShelachL'Cha-15f13
- Parsha 38:"Korach"-15f20
- Parsha 39: "Chukat" 15f27
- Parsha 40: "Balak" 15g04
- Parsha 41: "Pinchas" 15g11
- Parsha 42 & 43: Matot & Masei-15g21
- Parsha 44: "D'varim" 15g28
- Parsha 45: V'Etchanan 15h01
- Parsha 46: "Eikev" 15h08
- Parsha 47: "Re'eh" 15h15
- Parsha 48: "Shof'tim" 15h22-FullVrsn
- Parsha 49: "Ki Tetzei" (15h29)
- Parsha 50: "Ki Tavo" (15i05)
- Parsha 51: "Nitzvaim" (15i12)
- Parsha 52: :V'Yeilech" (15i19)
- Parsha 53: H'Azinu (15i26)
- Parsha 54: "Vizkor" (15j03)
- Parsha 54b: V'ZoteHBrachah (15j06)
FORMER WEB TEACHING PAGES (By Topic and Date)
- Anti-Semitism And Its Roots (15a16)
- "Together Again" 13L26 (Parsha V'Yigash)
- About Chanukah (Updated Dec 2013)
- Kicking Against The Goads July 2013
- Matthew 17: A Response
- How Long, Lord (April 2013)
- Aharon's Blessing: Part One (August 2012)
- Aharon's Blessing Part 2 (September 2012)
- Understanding Sacrifices (May 2012)
- Letters From or About Israel (Jan 2012)
- The New Temple (Feb 2011)
- Tu B'Shvat (Part 2)(Jan 2011)
- Sukkot (Part A) (Fall 2010)
- Sukkot (Part B) (Fall 2010)
- The Spring Moedim (April 2009)
- About Purim March 2009)
- Halloween - 14j30
FORMER NEWSLETTERS (By year and Edition)
- FORMER "THIS WEEK IN TORAH" REFLECTIONS (By Weekly Passage) >
- Contact Us
- Sign Our Guestbook (And Leave a Comment)
- THE "IN" BOX (Feedback About Our Ministry)
- Considering Support For Our Ministry?
- Links of Interest
- "I Am A Messianic"
Who (or What) is "Beth Roay Tov Ministries"?
Beth Roay Tov Ministries is a Resource Ministry for Christian clergy and congregations, as well as individuals, who are seeking to go a little deeper in their faith walk.
Our deepest desire is to Help Believers Make the Connection with their Jewish faith 'roots'.
Jeremiah 1:4 and 5 is the Biblical Inspiration for Beth Roay Tov Ministries. It reads: "Now the Word of the Lord came to me saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.'"
I believe that there is, in the Church today, a marked increase in the awareness of the Jewish Roots of our Christian Faith. We see this in the desires of congregation members to read, study and discuss - in a more meaningful manner - the Older Covenant. It can also be noticed in the number of comments similar to: "We need to rediscover the early church, the way it is recorded in Acts chapters 1 through 8." So many people have mentioned this over the last half decade that it seems almost like an overwhelming flood.
There is a hunger beginning to develop, and there is a cry being heard for more understanding. Perhaps it arises from the age old search to understand: "Who Am I as a Child of Faith".
At the same time, pockets of ignorance still abound. Exactly what did the worshipping community of Acts 1-8 look like? What would their faith have represented? How might the weekly liturgy have been constructed? And since that era, how has the developing church's subliminal Anti-Semitism and misunderstanding continued to affect and alter the foundations of our own Faith?
If the Church of this age is to be fully prepared for the return of the Bridegroom, we need to come to terms - first of all with the need that some faithful are expressing to go deeper into their faith beginnings, and secondly, with a confrontation of the erroneous assumptions of others within our communities of faith who continue to deny this connection, or worse, may seek even to replace Israel with the Church.
We need to come together to discover, little by little, who we are and what is our mission as 'People of God'. In short, we need to begin to "Make Connections" that will bring us to a new sense of unity amongst ourselves and betwixt our brothers and sisters who continue as God's eternally chosen people.
Beth Roay Tov Ministries can help with this process.
Unless indicated otherwise, all Biblical Quotes are from either the New American Standard Version, edited by Spiros Zodhiates et al, known as the Hebrew Greek Key Word Study Bible,1990 AMG International, Inc., OR The Complete Jewish Bible (An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B'rit Hadashah (New Testament), translated by Dr. David H. Stern; 1998, Jewish New Testament Publications, Inc.